Archive For The “Travelling” Category
The pavilions of the slaughterhouse were built between 1888 and 1891 by Giacchino Erosch to supply the people of the permanently increasing town with meat.
The slaughterhouse was considered to be among the most important of industrial buildings, because of its modernity and the simplicity of its structure and internal organisation. More or less it was a kind of factory, well supplied with technical equipment to work in a production line.
Today, the area is being revitalized and dedicated to a cultural center with exhibitions, rehearsal rooms for musicians and to the new museum of contemporary art.